Israel: 972 76 599 0060
Australia: 61 1300 051 796
South Africa: 27 87 825 0150
access code: 572926
- Realize clearly that without the desire to feel and/or the feeling of closeness to Hashem, it is as if we are dead.21. What does closeness to Hashem mean?
- If we don't know what cleaving to Hashem means, then we have no understanding of our purpose in life.24. One can learn Torah and do mitzvos and still not have a :place for the light of Hashem to rest and to have Hashem dwell in their hearts”
- The yh tries to convince us that it is beyond our comprehension and we should wait until Gan Eden to experience closeness to Hashem or that we will feel it eventually if we keep doing mitzvos.
- Dovid Hamelech said :”as for me, closeness to Hashem is my good” and chazal say “there is no place devoid of Him” -how do we reconcile these two statements?!
- Two types of closeness: a. spatial b. familial
- spatial doesn't guarantee familial and familial doesn't guarantee spatial closeness/ with emotional closeness- there is closeness in the souls but may not be evident each moment
- spatially we are close to Hashem (no place devoid of Him), familial (we are His children), friendship (do not forsake your Friend and your father's Friend)pg 36