I hope this will be the last schedule change for the summer.
( dial in number:
Bilvavi Book one:sections 24-34
- The yh tries to convince us that it is beyond our comprehension and we should wait until Gan Eden to experience closeness to Hashem or that we will feel it eventually if we keep doing mitzvos.
- Dovid Hamelech said :”as for me, closeness to Hashem is my good” and chazal say “there is no place devoid of Him” -how do we reconcile these two statements?!
- Two types of closeness: a. spatial b. familial
- spatial doesn't guarantee familial and familial doesn't guarantee spatial closeness/ with emotional closeness- there is closeness in the souls but may not be evident each moment29.spatially we are close to Hashem (no place devoid of Him), familial (we are His children), friendship (do not forsake your Friend and your father's Friend)
- 30.Although we are close in every way, we don't sense it or feel it.31.We can be spatially close to something and be unaware (germs)32.Can be very close to relative/friend and feel far because not aware that the person is near33.We are spatially, familial, and friendship close with Hashem, but don't feel it.34.Must toil to merit to recognize Hashem, not through intellectual knowledge, but a perception of the soul- not through abstract definitions