Section 2: Belief in the Creator
58. Purpose of creation is so Hashem can bestow His good on us: the good is this taste-connection to Him
59.“Thinking about Him (constantly) is the foundation of the inner life of the soul and the key to entering a spiritual life”- or else life is shallow-always remember before Whom you toil=key to unlock block of closeness to Hashem.
-.Can take many years, but know this is why you are given time, so it's not wasted time...
60. What is your primary thought when you wake up?
61. There is a Creator- must have this awareness
62. First, reflect :who woke me up...Second, speak to Hashem with simplicity:Why did U wake me up, so I can serve U
63. Begin with every hour remembering there is a Creator, then increase to every 15 minutes- eventually Hashem will gift u with always remembering He is the Creator
64. the method: quiet and simple thought and statement, repeated over and over, like the water that hit the rock in Rabbi Akiva story : recurring simplicity can break through a rock (heart of stone- yeckezkel) There is a Creator
65. True perfection=deveikus to Hashem, all else is empty, when you realize this will find that “one's entire existence at all times must revolve around Hashem...He must be sought in each situation, every place, and at all times.” 613 mitzvos and Torah=ways to attach self to Creator-in all matters, find a way to become close and connected to Hashem.
66. When you see the truth- entire life is about how to become close to Hashem- then can adopt the methods described in this book.