We are continuing with Chapter 5 in Da es Atzmecha
- first stage: There is a Creator, cannot do this on our own. Issarusa dilesato=issarusa dele'eila: effort from below bring corresponding blessing from Above=do our part then DAVEN.
- Next must recognize in our soul that Hashem created everything. The avodah is to feel this.
- Pharoah said “the Nile is mine, and I made myself” this midah exists in us (as the good ones of our avos do, as well)
- we must recognize this aspect of our yetzer hara in us- false views and foolish thoughts he sends us
- since this is deep in our soul, the feeling of everything that exists is Hashem's creation is hard to attain