It's been a long time since we have met to learn Da es Atzmecha and Bilvavi 1!
Tomorrow at 12 ny time, let's catch up, review, and continue with these seforim (and plan for our elul with our avodah). See below for the new outlines.
Beginning the week of June 10, 2012
New dial in number:
Israel: 972 76 599 0060
Australia: 61 1300 051 796
South Africa: 27 87 825 0150
access code: 572926
- sole aspiration in life=to be close to and attached to Hashem. This is done by awakening the element of truth in the soul through simplicity
- staring point in avodas Hashem= awareness there is a Creator=requires work and effort
- this belief, there is a Creator, must be “alive in one's mind and heart at all times...the driving force of a person's life every moment, every hour”
- Can only feel close to Him if believe He exists.
- 3 kinds of awareness: a. chochmah-know the facts on a basic level b. binah-understands the facts well c. da'as- connected to the matter and totally attached to it