Thursday, July 19, 2012

And the final post of the day...



Good Chodesh and Good Shabbos!


Parshas Matos- Masei.


 Three years ago, my oldest son had his bar mitzvah on this Shabbos.  We were in Eretz Yisrael in Yerushalayim for the Shabbos.  We had his bo bayom (the hebrew date he was born on) in Chevron by Maaras Hamachpeila.


I remember thinking, what should I take from this moment, aside from immense gratitude to Hashem, how can I grow and serve Him even more, and be zoche to all that He gives?


This week's parsha shows us how important gratitude is.  It's important enough that Moshe Rabbeinu sent an emissary to avenge against the Midianites, because he was raised in Midyan, and couldn't harm them himself (Rav Chaim Shmulevitz ; Miriam Aflalo article.)


Gratitude?  How can I show Hashem?


As I davened near where Sarah Imeinu is buried, a thought popped into my head, 'emulate greatness, try to be like her- be gracious, giving, and shine with the light of Torah'.  


But...  It's not so easy to just change....


Hashem sent the answer by sending me Bilvavi Mishkan Evneh and Da es Atzmecha (and Rabbi Nivin before that). Don't change, rather, uncover what's already inside; Feel the connection to Hashem that He gifts me with, in a way unique to me, and live it, share it, and let it grow, so others can feel theirs and live theirs, and the geulah will arrive. Amen. Bimheira Biyameinu-(speedily in our days)


One last thought, (from Rav Moshe Weinberger, davening in the three weeks)


Bimheira Biyameinu, actually means as a result of our days, depending on how we spend our days, especially during the three weeks, we can either build or, chas veshalom destroy the Bais Hamikdash.


During these three weeks, particularly, we are empowered to find how each of us in our own spectacular way we can build the Bais Hasmikdash.


May you each be blessed with the clarity to know your chelek(part) in avodas (serving) Hashem that will bring the geulah.


Thanks for the deep moments we shared together and for being a part of my soul family! :-)(-:









No comments:

Post a Comment