Tuesday, July 9, 2013

5+ minute hisbodedus plan


  Gratitude: 

  • (notice general and specific things to thank Hashem for plus ask to feel His love if you don't feel it yet)
Teshuva:
  • admit, regret, apologize out loud, kabala al ha'asid (small step to move away from the sin)
  • ask yourself internal questions why the aveira is not good for you to gain yishuv hadaas; deep understanding of why you don't want it anymore and what you do want
Ramchal's approach in italics and how to look at what we are trying to achieve through the same lens:
  • 1. Why am I here? what strengths do I have within me? 
    Why do i want to daven with kavana? how can i bring myself/strengths into the tefilos?
  • 2. Why did Hashem create me? What's my purpose in being here? How does kavana make me into a greater me (i.e, have deeper deveikus to Hashem)?
  •  3. What does Hashem want me to do in this world? 
     Does Hashem really care if i have kavana? 

    4. Have i managed to attain any spiritual attainments or have i accumulated a lot of nothing?
     is what i want a spiritual attainment (ie, what Hashem wants)?

    Clarity:
    sum up the clarity you received and thank Hashem for it.

    When you finish hisbodedus, it may be helpful to have a notebook around that you can write thoughts into so you can begin to incorporate some insights you may have received.

    Thanks for your patience with the new number, your feedback, insights, and ahava!

    Love, aviva rus



No comments:

Post a Comment