Friday, August 24, 2012

Good Shabbos!

Parshas Shoftim:

Judges and Judgement.

You should place judges at the gate of every tribe, chase after Justice, a proper beis din (court), so that you may live and inherit the land that Hashem our G-d, is giving to you (16,20)

Someone once told me that "we can only be as happy as our least happy child".

What we learned this week shows us clearly that this is not the case.

Why not?

Belief in Hashem dispels this idea.  He is running the show.  

He tells us to serve Him with joy.

Even when someone we love (and therefore, ourselves) is in pain.

After all, with true emunah we would see that Hashem loves us and our loved ones even more than we do!

Elul: Ani l'dodi v'dodi li: (I am to my Beloved and my Beloved is to me)

This Elul let's bring our emunah to the height of this awareness, so that even in what seems dark, we see the light clearly.

Love, aviva rus

No comments:

Post a Comment