Friday, August 17, 2012

Good Shabbos and Good Chodesh Elul!!!!

Parshas Re'eh:

I can't believe the summer is almost over!  Everyone is home and the house is flying.

Lucky for me that the parsha says very clearly all that one is required to do is take a small step daily. (Nason, Titen....You shall surely give (Devarim 15:10) "Everything goes according to the majority of actions" -Chofetz Chaim al HaTorah from Miriam Aflalo article)

OK.  I can do that....I hope with Hashem's help.

In our chaburahs, our small step, is using even one minute daily speaking out loud to Hashem and -or thinking "I am a pure neshama, in a body (which is amazing because I can use it to do mitzvos and uplift the physical to the ruchani (spiritual).  

In the moment, that we set aside to use as our daily step, if the yetzer hara wants you to feel down, quickly seize the moment and do teshuva for whatever it is you feel is off and let go.  

The power of Elul, Hashem is with us, guiding us, holding us up.  So let go and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment